It's dessert with fiber and heart-healthy fat.These 100% whole grain cookies are super crispy and perfect to keep around for a healthy dessert.I always have them in a closed container (refrigerated after a couple of days) and as soon as they're gone,I make more.-Jenny Jones
- 1 cup whole wheatpastryflour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts and/or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350° F.Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour,baking soda,salt & oats in a bowl.
- In another bowl beat oil,sugars,egg & vanilla with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 2 minutes until thickened.
- With mixer on low speed add flour mixture to egg mixture,followed by chocolate chips & nuts.
- Shape into 1 1/2"balls & place at least 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.Press them flat with a wet fork.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes.Remove to a wire rack to cool.