This easy loaf is foolproof,using either whole wheat pastry flour or all purpose flour.It's best to have all your ingredients at room temperature.Chocolate chips and nuts are optional but I highly recommend them.-Jenny Jones
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour or whole wheatpastry面粉
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup 1% low fat milk
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted walnuts and/or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line a loaf pan with foil for no cleanup.Mine is 4 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches.
- Sift flour,cocoa,把发酵粉和盐放在蜡纸上或碗里。Set aside.
- With an electric mixer on high,beat the egg whites until stiff.移到盘子或蜡纸上。
- 用同一个搅拌碗，beat the sugar,oil,蛋黄，and vanilla for 1 minute.
- On lowest speed slowly add the milk followed by the flour mixture.
- By hand,轻轻地把一半的蛋白折叠起来。
- 加巧克力片，nuts,and remaining egg whites.Gently fold mixture together.
- 摊在锅里烘烤，直到插在中间的牙签干净为止。(45 minutes if using all purpose flour or 50 minutes if using whole wheat pastry flour)