If it takes a little chocolate to get your family to eat whole grain 徳赢彩票投注bread,this is the way - so no white 徳赢彩票投注bread allowed!It's basically a sandwich with chocolate in between two slices of French toast.Try to find a soft whole wheat 徳赢彩票投注bread with at least 3 grams of fiber per slice.I use Rudi's Organic 100% Whole Wheat 徳赢彩票投注Bread.The darker the chocolate,the more health benefits.The chocolate will melt so you don't need any syrup,just a little powdered sugar on top if you like.-Jenny Jones
- 4 slices 100% whole wheat 徳赢彩票投注bread
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or 1 1/2 oz.dark chocolate pieces)
- 1 teaspoon oil for greasing pan (olive or canola)
- In a large flat-bottom bowl or a pie pan,whisk together the eggs,milk and vanilla.
- Soak 徳赢彩票投注bread slices in pairs,turning once.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat.Add a teaspoon of oil and cook 徳赢彩票投注bread on one side in pairs.After 2 minutes,when bottom is golden brown,flip one slice over,top with 2 tablespoons chocolate pieces,and top with the cooked side of the 2nd slice.In other words,you're putting the two browned (& hot) sides together with chocolate in between,like a chocolate sandwich.
- When the sandwich is brown on the bottom,carefully turn it over and brown the other side.
- Serve plain or with a little powdered sugar.No syrup is needed.