Braided Egg Bread with Poppy Seeds
If you like bread pudding, you’ll think you’re in heaven if you make it with this soft, fragrant bread. It's best to have all the ingredients at room temperature. -珍妮琼斯
- 2 1/4杯面包粉（或徳赢彩票投注万能粉）
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup milk (I use 1% or 2% low fat milk) warmed to 120°
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg + 1 yolk, lightly beaten
- additional 1/2 cup bread flour
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- Knead the dough on a floured surface about 100 turns.
- Cover with plastic and let rest 10 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the dough into three and roll each piece into a 16-inch long strip. Braid as you would hair, tucking ends under and place on baking sheet. Cover with a towel and rise in a warm spot until double in size – 40 minutes to an hour.
- Brush loaf gently with egg wash and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. If top starts to brown too much, cover with a foil tent.